|The F115 has been developed for applications where the direction of flow is an issue. It is required to offer two pulse signals from the flowmeter which are 90° or 270° degrees out of phase. In case of a reverse flow, the flow rate will be displayed as a negative value, the totalizers will count down and a switch output will be set. The pulse and analog outputs do reflect both flow directions.
On-screen engineering units are easily configured from a comprehensive selection.
- Robust IP66, IP67 (NEMA4X) field enclosure. It is so rugged, you can even stand on it!
- Intrinsically Safe available - ATEX, IECEx, FM and CSA approval for gas and dust applications.
- Programming can be done by your own crew, with the sensible menu-driven structure, saving cost and irritation. Know one, know them all!
- Very diverse mounting possibilities: walls, pipes, panels or directly onto outdoor sensors.
|Application overview F115
- Quadrature input to detect the direction of flow.
- Displays positive and negative flow rate to indicate the flow direction.
- Total and accumulated total count up and down accoording to the flow direction.
- Analog and pulse outputs.
- Displays total and flow rate simultaneously.
- Large digit selection for flow rate or total.
- Flow rate: seven 17mm (0.67") or 8mm (0.31") digits.
- Total - resettable: seven 17mm (0.67") digits.
- Accumulated total - not resettable: eleven 8mm (0.31") digits.
- Separate engineering units for flow rate and total on the display.
- Green LED backlight.
- Auto backup of settings and running totals in EEPROM memory.
- Operational temperature: -40°C to +80°C (-40°F to 176°F).
- Pulse type inputs: Reed-switch, NAMUR, NPN/PNP pulse, Sine wave (coil), active pulse signal. Different pulse signal types are allowed for input A and B.
- Function: Scaled pulse output according to the bi-directional accumulated total (e.g. a pulse every 3.25 gallons).
Max. frequency: 64Hz.
Adjustable pulse length from 8 msec. to 2 seconds. The directional switch output is switched as soon as the pulse output reflects a "negative" quantity.
- Type: Two passive NPN transistors, active PNP transistors or isolated electro-mechanical relays.
- Function: Re-transmitting the positive and/or negative flow rate - the output can be scaled to any range (e.g. +40 L/min to +600 L/min and -40 L/min to -600 L/min or positive flow rates only).
- Type: One passive isolated, floating or loop powered 4 – 20mA output or one active (0)4 – 20mA or 0 – 10V DCoutput.
- The F-Series is your first and best choice for field mount indicators. Especially in harsh weather conditions like rain, snow, salty atmosphers and temperatures between -40°C up to +80°C (-40°F up to 176°F) for safe and hazardous area applications!
- Bi-directional flow measurement applications can be found by loading and unloading of ships where one bi-directional flowmeter is used. An other application is the correction for back-flow due to shocks in a pipeline caused by piston pumps or valve behavior.
- 4 – 20mA Output loop-powered.
- 8 – 24V AC/DC.
- 115 – 230V AC.
- Basic: 8 - 30V DC
Function: All process data and settings can be read and modified through the communication link.
Protocol: Modbus ASCII / RTU.
Interface: RS232 / RS485 2-wire or 4-wire / TTL.
LCD example F115