|The F195 has been developed for the valve position indication and monitoring in hydraulic systems. By using a bi-directional flowmeter to measure the volume displaced by the actuator, an accurate position of the system is calculated.
The display shows the position as a percentage as well as with the text "open" and "closed" for the minimum and maximum positions. As standard, the analog output mirrors the percentage displayed which can be used to transmit the valve position. The usual difficulties encountered in such applications include: very low flows, vibration, thermal expansion of the oil and high ambient temperatures. These are all well catered for in the design and operation of the F195.
- Robust IP66, IP67 (NEMA4X) field enclosure. It is so rugged, you can even stand on it!
- Intrinsically Safe available - ATEX, IECEx, FM and CSA approval for gas and dust applications.
- Programming can be done by your own crew, with the sensible menu-driven structure, saving cost and irritation. Know one, know them all!
- Very diverse mounting possibilities: walls, pipes, panels or directly onto outdoor sensors.
|Application overview F195
- Valve position calculated through bi-directional flow measurement.
- Displays the position as 0 - 100%, the moved volume and "open / closed" texts.
- Analog output mirrors the position of the valve.
- Modbus communication link for remote monitoring.
- Re-calibration feature.
- Service counter displays the number of full strokes.
- Easy configuration with clear alphanumeric display.
- Quadrature input to detect the direction of flow.
- Green LED backlight.
- Backup of settings in EEPROM memory.
- Operational temperature: -40°C to +80°C (-40°F to 176°F).
- Pulse type inputs:
Reed-switch, NAMUR, NPN/PNP pulse, Sine wave (coil), active pulse signal.
- Function: Scaled pulse output according to the bi-directional accumulated total (e.g. a pulse every 3.25 gallons).
Max. frequency: 64Hz.
Adjustable pulse length from 8 msec. to 2 seconds. The directional switch output is switched as soon as the pulse output reflects a "negative" quantity.
- Type: Two passive NPN transistors, active PNP transistors or isolated electro-mechanical relays.
- Function: Re-transmitting the position of the hydraulic systems - the output can be scaled to any range (e.g. from 0% to 110%).
- Type: One passive isolated, floating or loop powered 4 – 20mA output or one active (0)4 – 20mA or 0 – 10V DCoutput.
- The F-Series is your first and best choice for field mount indicators. Especially in harsh weather conditions like rain, snow, salty atmosphers and temperatures between -40°C up to +80°C (-40°F up to 176°F) for safe and hazardous area applications!
- Valve position indication and monitoring in hydraulic systems. For example as valve position indicator VPI for ballast tanks in ships.
- 4 – 20mA Loop-powered.
- 8 – 24V AC/DC.
- 115 – 230V AC.
- Basic: 8 - 30V DC
Function: All process data and settings can be read and modified through the communication link.
Protocol: Modbus RTU.
Interface: RS232 / RS485 2-wire or 4-wire / TTL.
LCD example F195