|The F116 flow computer has been developed to calculate differential / consumption or total volume. The usual difficulties encountered in such applications include: pulsating flows, very low consumption readings, vibration and high ambient temperatures. These are all well catered for in the design and operation of the F116. The pulse and analog outputs do reflect the calculated differential or sum value.
The display shows flow rate, total and accumulated total. On-screen engineering units are easily configured from a comprehensive selection.
- Robust IP66, IP67 (NEMA4X) field enclosure. It is so rugged, you can even stand on it!
- Intrinsically Safe available - ATEX, IECEx, FM and CSA approval for gas and dust applications.
- Programming can be done by your own crew, with the sensible menu-driven structure, saving cost and irritation. Know one, know them all!
- Very diverse mounting possibilities: walls, pipes, panels or directly onto outdoor sensors.
Application overview F116
- Calculates differential flow rate (consumption), total and accumulated total of flow A and B.
- Calculates the sum flow rate, total and accumulated total of flow A and B.
- Precautions for pulsating flows and very low consumption readings.
- Analog and pulse outputs.
- Displays total and flow rate simultaneously.
- Large digit selection for flow rate or total.
- Flow rate: seven 17mm (0.67") or 8mm (0.31") digits.
- Total - resettable: seven 17mm (0.67") digits.
- Accumulated total - not resettable: eleven 8mm (0.31") digits.
- Separate engineering units for flow rate and total on the display.
- Green LED backlight.
- Auto backup of settings and running totals in EEPROM memory.
- Operational temperature: -40°C to +80°C (-40°F to 176°F).
- Pulse type inputs:
Reed-switch, NAMUR, NPN/PNP pulse, Sine wave (coil), active pulse signal.
Different pulse signal types are allowed for input A and B.
- (0)4 – 20mA.
- 0 – 10V DC.
- Function: Scaled pulse output according to differential or totalized accumulated total (e.g. a pulse every 3.25 gallons).
Max. frequency: 64Hz.
Adjustable pulse length from 8 msec. to 2 seconds. The directional output is switched as soon as the pulse output reflects a "negative" differential.
- Type: Two passive NPN transistors, active PNP transistors or isolated electro-mechanical relays.
- Function: Re-transmitting the differential or totalized flow rate - the output can be scaled to any range (e.g. 200 L/min to 1200 L/min).
- Type: One passive isolated, floating or loop powered 4 – 20mA output or one active (0)4 – 20mA or 0 – 10V DCoutput.
- The F-Series is your first and best choice for field mount indicators. Especially in harsh weather conditions like rain, snow, salty atmosphers and temperatures between -40°C up to +80°C (-40°F up to 176°F) for safe and hazardous area applications!
- Differential function: fuel consumption calculation for diesel engines on board of ships or locomotives.
Sum function: where flows are split-up in two pipe-lines and total flow has to be calculated.
Alternative advanced model: F127.
- 4 – 20mA Loop-powered.
- 8 – 24V AC/DC.
- 115 – 230V AC.
- Basic: 8 - 30V DC
Function: All process data and settings can be read and modified through the communication link.
Protocol: Modbus RTU.
Interface: RS232 / RS485 2-wire or 4-wire / TTL.
LCD example F116